Undoubtedly one of the most famous women to have lived in Paris is Marie Curie. In 1903, she became the first woman to win the Nobel Prize and is still the only person in the world to have won it twice.
Join us on this virtual tour which will introduce you to the Panthéon where she is buried and shed light on her incredible life.
Another French household name you will come across is Coco Chanel. The fashion house is present on every high street across the world and it all started with one woman’s drive to liberate women by making clothes that were comfortable and functional.
You will learn about some of the bravest feminists who fought for women’s rights in France. Listen to the struggles of Olympe de Gouges, an 18th Century women’s rights campaigner who was eventually beheaded by her government. You will also see the famous Sorbonne University, from where writer Simone de Beauvoir graduated before penning her famous feminist theories.
Start your virtual event with a tour of Paris at the fountain at Place Saint Michel, whip up some French culinary classics, learn to speak a like a native and so much more.
Wondering What’s In A GAIA Box?
- A jar of Dijon mustard
- Delicious macarons, perfect with your morning coffee
- A heavenly French lavender candle
- Activity pack including a bitesized language lesson, music playlist & quiz questions
- Two recipe cards, featuring a sweet treat and a savoury dish, to bring the Parisian classics into your home
- An introduction to the city which draws every visitor deeper into its beating heart.
A Digital Library:
- Your virtual city tour, celebrating the fantastic females that shaped France.
- A playlist from inspiring female musicians, perfect for having on in the background whilst cooking.
Please contact AJ for further information.